On February 24 of the current year, a new Regulation for Radio Amateurs in Uruguay enters into force.
This new rules are being updated accordingly with international
regulations and developments.
Radio Club Uruguayo highlights the following improvements:
• The bands and the sub-bands are adopted according to the
recently updated IARU R2 band plan.
• New bands are authorized:
o 660m from 472 to 479kHz
o 60m from 5,351.5 to 5,366.5
o 6mm from 47 to 47.2 GHz
o 4mm from 77.5 to 78 GHz
• Frequency allocation is extended on 80m from 3,500 to 4,000
kHz and on 160m from 1,800 to 2,000 kHz
• New amateur radio bands are allocated in SHF (micro waves)
and reserved them for future amateur radio satellites.
• It creates the category "BEGGINER" (novices) giving new
amateurs the possibility of easy access.
• Exam questionnaires have been updated, eliminating technical
questions (circuits) and replacing them with current issues and
• It creates a training program for new radio amateurs with
mandatory operational practice on 80, 40, 10 and 2 meters.
• CV and CW prefixes are now available for permanent licenses.
• The maximum emission power for the “SUPERIOR” category is set
at 1500W PEP.
• The possibility of adding future digital and digital voice
communications systems is left open.
• It establishes the procedures for foreigners to apply and
renew their licenses.
• Reciprocal permits are maintained for non-resident foreign
The official text of the new Regulation (available only in
Spanish) can be found in the following link: https://goo.gl/CqYYZs
The Executive Committee of IARU Region 2 would like to
congratulate Radio Club Uruguayo for it participation in the
development of this new and avant-garde set of rules.